Cathy's Crafting Journey

Welcome to my blog, where I hope you will be inspired and want to share comments and your inspirations and tips too!! I love to create cards, mini albums, gift bags,tags, and boxes and I hope to take you on the papercrafting Journey with me!! Follow along!!

Followers

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

First Card Finally

Here is a card I made.  ( keep in mind I am new at doing this, hehe)  This card was made with DCWV  The Sweet stack .  I also used Cricut Georges basic Shapes to make the flowers cut at 2 1/2" , 2" .1 1/2" , 1 1/4" and 1" from asst'd  solid color paper from Wal Mart and DCWV.  I also put a doily as a base to the octagon shape from GBS cartridge cut at 2, 2 1/2 and 3".  I cut a strip of white card stock and used Martha Stewart punch  Doily lace.  I added 3 buttons on the bottom and a Center button (can not remember where I got it) that says..." Thinking of you makes me smile"   Inside the card is blank.  Thanks for any critiques.  have a great day.    PHEW!!!  I did it:.

6 comments:

  1. Your card definitely does not look like it was made by a beginner. Very pretty, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sweet card! Great colors and nice papers!

    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, that's very pretty!!!

    Wanted to thank you for visiting my blog, and leaving some love, too! I appreciate it, and I'm glad you're enjoying the freebies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome card creation...love al the extra details. Thanks for visiting my blog and I just wanted to say to you that we all have been new before (you are doing wonderfully)and "Build It and They Will Come." Hugs, ~Shen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathy, this is BEAUTIFUL!! :) I really love that color combination -- No one would ever know that you are new to card-making (did I read that right???)!! I'm excited to see more from you!! :)

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

    ReplyDelete