Cathy's Crafting Journey

Welcome to my blog, where I hope you will be inspired and want to share comments and your inspirations and tips too!! I love to create cards, mini albums, gift bags,tags, and boxes and I hope to take you on the papercrafting Journey with me!! Follow along!!

Followers

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Altered spoon mini




I saw on a blog...Michelle's Thought of a Cardmaking Scrapbooker, I beautiful project. a Kitchen spoon made into a mini album..It got me to thinking about a couple of wooden spoons that i bought on clearance several years ago figuring I would find something to do with them, and I did..Mine is not as pretty as hers, but I had fun just the same .
Basic shapes cart, and cut the mats 4 inches, the pattern paper 3 1/2 and then another mat for mounting picture on at 3 inches. I attached them together on a strip of ribbon. folded them up afterwards and tied the ribbon to hold in place.
One of the spoons was a booger and would not keep the mats in place after I tied the bow, so I attached a crocheted flower to the bottom of the spoon to keep it there. The Christmas bell and the poinsettia were cut from the Wrap it Up cartridge. I believe the ctus were 4 inches as well.
Hope you liked my version.
cathy d

5 comments:

  1. Super cool project, what a great idea. I have to say, i love love your rosette wreath in your last post...killer wicked..tfs
    www.justwordz.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.... how cool is this!!! Totally creative. I love the papers you used...

    hugs....
    tanya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your projects are great! I love this spoon mini-album and those Halloween wreaths--fantastic!
    One of the great things about hops is connecting with new crafty friends and seeing their wonderful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely, thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cathy, I know I've already left a comment on this post earlier, but I just wanted to say thanks for dropping by, saying Hi, and leaving me this link to come look at(again.) I can see why it is one of your favorites and I still love the rosette wreath that was right before this. I hope you are doing OK and that things are getting a little better everyday. You are still in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete