Cathy's Crafting Journey

Welcome to my blog, where I hope you will be inspired and want to share comments and your inspirations and tips too!! I love to create cards, mini albums, gift bags,tags, and boxes and I hope to take you on the papercrafting Journey with me!! Follow along!!

Followers

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Faux book Easel Card

Faux book easel card
Hello friends, I am finally back into creating again, I hit a little lull lately, Life had me real busy and at the end of the day i was to tired to create anything.
The other day I was surfing the net and pinterest to get a little inspiration for a baby shower, and I came across a card and tutorial of a book easel card.. her instructions were easier, cause she used a  spellbinders set of dies to create hers and I loved it, but alas I do not have any of those dies so I had to be creative and improvise, I found a cut on the CTMH Artiste cartridge that i had to edit a little to make mine.  Below is the finished card.....
This is the card opened, (the little owl charm I had attached to the books bookmark is on the back side, forgot to flip before the picture) and the picture below is it closed.



To create...I cut the shape shown below starting at 5 and3/4" (autumt terrecotta and goldrush colors) and 5 and 1/2" for the barn Red color, and 5 inches for the Colonial white.

then I cut 2 ends off right up to the middle indent..
...

( I ended up not using the goldrush on the card)
below is the actual card base..a 4 and 3/4 inch by 11 inches, scored in 1/2 and then scored in half only one end to makt the fold the book will glue on...


I glued on the Autumn Terrecotta and then the Barn Red. Then for the Colonial white, I put score tape on the ends and in the middle, and curled the sides if the pages and glued it down as is.


I then embellished it with ribbon I got from Really Reasonable ribbon, added twine and a charm from Close To My Heart, as well as some flowers I bought and butterfly, added a sentiment from CTMH and Voila!!!!

I hope you love this as much as I and will give it a try.
If you would love to get some of this selection of card stock colors for your fall creations.. head over to my website here..CTMH
make sure to check out the specials while you are there...
Picture my life promo
Adorable Owl Stamp of The Month
$5.00 with qualifying purchase of $50.00 or more!!!


Thanks for stopping by
Cathy









No comments:

Post a Comment