Cathy's Crafting Journey

Welcome to my blog, where I hope you will be inspired and want to share comments and your inspirations and tips too!! I love to create cards, mini albums, gift bags,tags, and boxes and I hope to take you on the papercrafting Journey with me!! Follow along!!

Followers

Sunday, February 5, 2012

question???

I have been trying to Emboss with powders and am finding it frustrating.  I am stamping the image on to my card stock..pouring the embossing powder on the the image and then tapping off the excess and putting back into the bottle... and the I use the heat gun,   I end up with lots of specks of powder stragglers that get embossed and inked image has sections missing.  At first I thought the fault was the embossing ink was drying out, but I tried Martha Stewart and 2 other brands with same results.  Is it a practice practice thing or am I doing something wrong??  How do I keep the stragglers off my paper?  Any tips would be great!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I think that Versa Mark and Tim Holtz is the best embossing ink. I use a dryer sheet before I stamp so that the powder doesn't stick all around the paper. I hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy,

    Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your embossing.

    I know that Fiskars Inks are good to stamp and emboss with, it's not a quick drying ink. I have used Top Boss embossing stamp pad too. As far as your specks, I sometimes turn over my card and give it a good thump or you can use a Q-tip to remove what doesn't come off with tapping.

    I hope this helps a little. If you are still having problems you can contact me at

    mzcherub at gmail dot com

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi cathy, I use what is called a anti-static pad. You rub the entire surface and try not to touch the card to much after that, then stamp the image, tap off, then heat emboss. If you find you have places where it did not stick, use an embossing pen, go over the places where you missed and repeat steps. Here is where you can get the things I mentioned.

    http://www.joann.com/inkssentials-embossing-pens-2pk-black-clear/xprd759591/

    http://www.vippies.com/html%20files%20a-e/antistaticpad.htm

    These are just 2 places to find them. Look around on line to see where else might have them. Michaels, my also have the.

    I hope that helps. e-mail me if you need help
    southernbell@cinci.rr.com

    ReplyDelete