Cathy's Crafting Journey

Welcome to my blog, where I hope you will be inspired and want to share comments and your inspirations and tips too!! I love to create cards, mini albums, gift bags,tags, and boxes and I hope to take you on the papercrafting Journey with me!! Follow along!!

Followers

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

I am back , finally

I am finally back!!

I have been gone for a spell, soooo much going on in my life.  Husband has had many hospital stays and we had a death in the family and lots of babysitting of the grandchildren.  But I am here with a simple post and to let you know i miss you all, I maust have missed a lot of great posts.  I regret that, but I will be peeking in again.
I joined creative Swappers on Facebook and i love it, they have such fun swaps. One of the swaps I joined was to create 12 pumkins with sad faces.  Here are mine>

I used the Disney Happily Ever After cartridge to cut the pumpkin at 3 3/4 inches and then I used the art Philosophy cartridge to cut an oval at 3 1/2 inches to put in the front to give him a little dimension.  I inked the edges of the pumkin with TH distress inks..Festive berries and Peacock feathers.  I then used a white gel pen to hilight.  for the eyes I used a small oval punch, for the nose, I used a 1/2 inch circle punch and trimmed off the bottom, to square it off and then used a pop dot to pop it off the page a little and inked it.  For the mouth, I used a Stampin up oval punch and the used a large circle punch to trim the bottom of the oval to give the up side down curve to the mouth.  

I hope the recipients like them:) 
Have a great night, and thanks for stopping by.  cathy

http://cathyplus5.ctmh.com


2 comments:

  1. So glad you are back, Cathy!! Your pumpkins are adorable!! I love the noses!! And the gel pen work is fabulous!! Happy Wednesday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete