Cathy's Crafting Journey

Welcome to my blog, where I hope you will be inspired and want to share comments and your inspirations and tips too!! I love to create cards, mini albums, gift bags,tags, and boxes and I hope to take you on the papercrafting Journey with me!! Follow along!!

Followers

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Easel card with a drawer????


Good evening everyone, boy have I been on a roll making cards and frames and sooo much more, been having a great time....I think it is because I lost m the use of my laptop for a week and it gave me more time to craft.lol  Any how, the project I want to show you tonight is a card that is a little drawer with an Easel card on top.

for products use..a mod podge of a lot of companies. scraps mostly. Close To My Heart stamp set which came with the Art Philosophy cartridge..inks, and bling.

Now for some instruction..
Cut a 6x6 piece of solid color card stock
Score at 1 inch all the way around
Cut one of the score lines on each side so you will have flaps to fold in and glue to form bottom 1/2 of box.
From patterend paper ( I used 2 patterend paper, 12x12double sided to make mine so I could have a lot of patterns) cut 8 pieces measuring 4 by 3/4 inches and 2 pieces at 4x4. these are all used to decorate the box drawer, inside and out. (you could omit the outside if you wanted. 



Then cut the handle 4 by 1/2 and then score in on each end at 1/2.  You will then measure in one inch from each side of the drawer, and make a pencil dot evenly across from each other, and then I used the crop a dile and punched little holes where the brads will go in with handle.  on the handle itself, punch holes in the little 1/2 in section on each end of the handle , insert brads and adhere your handle.
For the band that goes around the drawer, cut solid pirce of card stock at 4 1/2 by 11 and score at 1 1/4, 5 1/4, 6 3/8 and 10 1/2.
Fold and form band, glue end pieces.  cut 2 pieces of patterend paper at 4 by 3/4 inches and adhere to side of wrap around. Now place drawer in holder.  
Lets make the easel card now... Cut 4 1/4 by 8 1/4 inch CS and score at 4 1/2 and 6 1/4.  Then cut a mat  4  by 4 and then 3 3/4 by 3 3/4 for the main card and for the bottom of the card, you can do as you like, but I mad several mats cut at different decending increments  and layerd and added sentiment, raised with pop dot to keep the card standing up :)  Below is a side view. hope you enjoyed it, if you have any questions. let me know.


If there is anything I can help you with for Close To My Heart..let me know as well..the new Idea book is going live very very soon!!!
http://cathyplus5 ctmh.com


Happy Crafting...Cathy

3 comments:

  1. Cathy thanks so very much for sharing this, I just love it great intructions too, can't wait to give it a try
    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this is so gorgeous, Cathy!! I love the design!! You decorated it so beautifully!! I love that it's both a card and gift in one!! Thanks for the instructions...I will have to give this a try!! Happy Wednesday my friend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete