Cathy's Crafting Journey

Welcome to my blog, where I hope you will be inspired and want to share comments and your inspirations and tips too!! I love to create cards, mini albums, gift bags,tags, and boxes and I hope to take you on the papercrafting Journey with me!! Follow along!!

Followers

Monday, February 17, 2014

popular post challenge

Good evening everyone, My good friend Cheryl "Its a wonderful Life" blog.. challenged me to share my most popular post..so I went looking and I think this is the one..55 comments, not many compared to you all, but i am growing, slow and steady :)  I challenge you to do the same.... 


 

     Hello my crafty friends, today is the How Does Your Garden Grow Blog hop, and there are a real bunch of talented ladies here today, and I am so happy to be among them sharing  today You should have come here from Ericas' blog at  http://mycricutcraftroom.blogspot.com/ , if not you will want to go there to start at the beginning, cause you will not want to miss any of the talent today.



     For my project today,  I decided to make a POP UP card, using a flower that I saw in the Close To My Heart Idea Book, It is very simple and fun.  You basically cut a bunch of hearts, all the same size, score them in half, and then lay them in a circle and glue them down. So I did that and added a pearl to the center.  I used Core'dinations card stock for the base and mat. then I used patteren paper from Bo Bunny Hello Sunshine collection.  Across the bottom, I used a lacey paper strip I got from a good friend, which I ran through my Zyron sticker maker and adhered to the bottom of the card .


                                   I  also used some thin yellow ribbon to dress up the front of the card.

     For the inside, I took another piece of cardstock (this is an A2 size card) and cut it 1/4 of an inch shorter all the way around. Scored it in half, and then made ( 2 ) 1 and 1/4 inch cuts roughly in the center about 1 and 1/2 inches wide, and then  pushed the fold in and cut another small slit on the top cut, approximately 3/4 inches wide. If you can not get a visual, ( I kick myself for not taking picks as I did it, live and learn) there are tutorials on the web for pop up cards.  After the cuts were made, I adhered the green inside card stock to the base.
     Here is a picture of the inside of the card, trying to show the 2 cuts that make the pop up "shelves".   The Inside was decorated with lots of flowers and a watering can, which I got from Cricut's Stretch Your Imagination cartridge.  Below is a side view...


On the inside I also used some paper lace, and more Bo Bunny papers.  I  added rhinestone to the flowers centers .  The inside sentiment is from Stampin up and I stamped it on a white chipboard piece and inked around the edge with yellow and orange ink.   The small flowers are from a punch , not sure the brand. :(
Other supplies used:
Atg gun
zig pen
butterfly gems on front of card
Cricut Expression 2


Have a great night!!!  cathy

1 comment:

  1. So, so gorgeous!! All of the details are amazing!! Have a wonderful evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete