Cathy's Crafting Journey

Welcome to my blog, where I hope you will be inspired and want to share comments and your inspirations and tips too!! I love to create cards, mini albums, gift bags,tags, and boxes and I hope to take you on the papercrafting Journey with me!! Follow along!!

Followers

Thursday, May 14, 2015

different Center step card tutorial

Hello to you all,  Tonight I wanted to share with you another way I found to make a center step card, that folds a little different.  I found it quite by accident on the internet and wrote down the instructions, and glad I did, cause I could not find it again later.   Soooo, lets get started.

This is is what the new style center step card looks like.. (How do you like the KaDoodle Bug file??)



the center of the card is recessed instead of the end pieces.
below is a regular center step card with the sides recessed..

 Now, here are the details..
step one..6 x 12'' card stock base

on each side of the card..go in and up one inc and cut up to the 7 inch line as shown


score lines are dotted and cut lines are solid.
Diagram is suppoesed to be 6 by 12, (not really life like, sorry)



below I am folding at the scorelines


this is what it should look like when finished


I hope this tutorial helped, now try one yourself:)
Happy Crafting, Cathy

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, these are adorable! Your grad card couldn't be cuter and how about that birthday bear...way to cute! Someone is going to be happy to receive these! Awesome job!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovbe your graduation card. The eyes are cool. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable!! I love the owl and those eyelashes!! You decorated it perfectly!! And I love the fold - thanks for the instructions!! I love trying new styles!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super Duper cute!!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete