Cathy's Crafting Journey

Welcome to my blog, where I hope you will be inspired and want to share comments and your inspirations and tips too!! I love to create cards, mini albums, gift bags,tags, and boxes and I hope to take you on the papercrafting Journey with me!! Follow along!!

Followers

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Awesome announcement!!


Happy Sunday Everyone!!   If you have come from Erica's Craft Room and her July's 100 Cartridge Weekend Hop, which by the way is celebrating, its one year blog-iversary of the first  100 cartridge blog hop,then you already know the Awesome news:)))) She announced her new members to her Design team, and I am one of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am just a little bit excited!!!! (doing the Happy Dance).  I am looking  forward to a great, educational, fun experience with what I believe is a great bunch of gals.  Made me feel right at home.

I did not create a project for the hop this weekend, but I did decide to show you the Easel card I submitted in my application for the DT.  I made the easel card, as shown below.   I though I would make one with soft summer colors.  

   I made the card a 6x6 , with papers from Bazzill and Doodlebug Designs' Snips and Snails paper pad.

    I also used the gems from Bo Bunny, The Cricut cartridge, Stretch Your Imagination, for the "Bugs" and the sunflower.  To give a little depth I put some pop dots for the sunflower centers.  For the leaves, I cut them from Art Philosophy cartridge and inked them with Tim Holzt distress, Barn Door ink, and ran them across a small paint brush to give them some curl.   The Yellow ribbon, I got a long time ago, I believe from out local department store.

For the base of the easel I added some small buttons to help hold the main part of the card up.  Then using a stamp..You're so sweet, and CTMH ink Cocoa,  a sentiment was added. I also added pop dots to raise the yellow cardstock up, which also aided in keeping the card upright.

Other tools used I creating the card were, ATG gun, Zig Pen, small googly eyes, tacky glue and Fiscars trimmer.

Well I hope you enjoyed my project today, I look forward to many more fun postings with Ericas Design team.  Make sure to visit all the stops on July's Hop at Erica's Craft room, and leave them some love . We all like a kind word now and again:))) Have a great weekend.  If you have not been to the hop yet the go to Ericas to start at the beginning here> http://mycricutcraftroom.blogspot.com/

Please stop by again, happy crafting~~ Cathy


4 comments:

  1. Your card is toooooo caute!!! Love the lil' caterpillar! Totally adorable! Hope you have a fabulous day! Happy to be your new DT sister!

    Hugs,
    Heather Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats and welcome to our team! We are a fun group...there are some super talented ladies! I know you will have fun!
    Teresa
    MCCR DT
    www.createenjoyshare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute cards, stopping by from MCCR DT, I'm a new member. Stop by for some puddin n pie.
    http://georgie-hornpuddinnpie.blogspot.com/2012/07/news-day-tuesday-7-10-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for posting your submission. I was wondering what everyone's projects looked like.
    Yours is so cute. Great job!

    Tess

    ReplyDelete