Cathy's Crafting Journey

Welcome to my blog, where I hope you will be inspired and want to share comments and your inspirations and tips too!! I love to create cards, mini albums, gift bags,tags, and boxes and I hope to take you on the papercrafting Journey with me!! Follow along!!

Followers

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

MCCR Card Creating Tuesday


Good morning to all my friends out there:)  Today's post is for my Design Team post for My Cricut Craft Room.  Today is Card Creating Tuesday and the theme is cards with a window.  I figured where Temps around here are getting cooler at night, and I have a few pumpkins growing, and that made me think...Autumn.:)  So that said...I used the cartridges Stretch Your Imagination and Martha Stewarts' Seasonal cake cartridge to make today's card.


I used the size 5 and 1/2 by 5 and 1/2 for this card on orange card stock form Colorbok, it gave me plenty of room  to play.  I cut the card at 5and 1/2 on page 42 in the book, and kept it on that setting to cut the windows' frame, and the leaves.  I then cut out a piece of card stock from the Bo Bunny Garden Girl Collection for a mat and used my crafting knife to cut a square in the middle to have opening for window.

 
  The next thing I did was I to cut out another card in white card stock and cut out the words "Autumn" so that the orange letters showed through and glued it to the top after I used one of my fancy corner punches, sorry, I do not know the brand, definitely going to research though:)

 
  The next thing is I wanted a few pumpkins to add to the card, I knew MS Seasonal cake cartridge had some , so I pulled it out and cut a few of them at one and 3/4 inches, one and 1/4  inches and  some at one Inch.  On the larger pumpkin I used the "cake" button  and the shift key to cut the out side design layer. Using Tim Holtz   Spiced marmalade, I inked the edges of the pumpkins and a little Walnut too.  I used white gel pen to highlight as well.   On the inside a cut another window frame and with the zig pen I added it to the back side.  on the facing side I added a strip of scrap paper I had to match the flowers and papers on the front of the card.  A long time ago I purchased some flowers on clearance at Wal Mart, they were Orange and gold with gold rhinestones in the middle of them, so I dressed up the card on corners and in center of flowers. Lastly for "BLING"  I added 3 small gold rhinestones to bottom left.
     
I believe the flowers are Petaloo, I have a big bag of assorted flowers and I believe they all came together.

So besides using my Cricut, ATG Gun and fabritac, I think that is all that I used today to create my card:)  I hope you like it and will stop back again::)


Have a fun Crafting day!!!
Cathy

To see more projects like this today you will want to go over to  http://mycricutcraftroom@ blogspot.com



7 comments:

  1. Too cute. Love the word autumn in the window.

    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    Email Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card. I like how you highlighted the front and back of the window.

    Tammy S. MCCR DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I hope you dont mind if I scraplift it from you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! It is so warm and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathy - this card is beautiful! I love Autumn, so it was right up my alley! Love all the images you used!
    Teresa
    MCCR DT sis

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome Cathy, Fall is my favorite time of the year.And this card is beautiful!!! love all the colors and the flowers are wonderful, love the card inside and out!!!

    ReplyDelete