Cathy's Crafting Journey

Welcome to my blog, where I hope you will be inspired and want to share comments and your inspirations and tips too!! I love to create cards, mini albums, gift bags,tags, and boxes and I hope to take you on the papercrafting Journey with me!! Follow along!!

Followers

Sunday, October 7, 2012

MCCR Letter "O" post



Welcome to my blog, this is my, My Cricut Craft Room Design team post.  Today's theme is a project from a cartridge starting with the letter "O" or a character starting with the letter "O".  And so before I show you what I chose to do, I want to briefly explain the Pink Graphics.   We want to bring awareness to  breast cancer and the people that have, are, or will be suffering from it.  Please make sure you keep your regular womens health check up, early detection is the key.  Our part in the months awareness is to incorporate some how in our projects a lot or just a little Pink.

 

 
For my letter "O" project I used the Cricut Essentials, which is programmed into my Expression 2 machine to cut the orange,(which is not actually an orange on the cartridge, but I made it work, it looks like one).  I cut is at 2 1/2 inches, and inked it up with Spiced Marmalade by Tim Holtz.  I saved the little triangle ections that came from the inner orange and faux stitched them and added Bo Bunny gems, to embellish:)  I then placed a letter you chipboard piece below the orange and added the word sweet cut form the Sweet Treats cartridge.  I cut it out twice, once in orange and again in Pink.  Voila... ORNAGE U SWEET. 
 
On the inside of the card I cut a piece of white card stock and added a pice of the card stock I was using and a Petaloo flower. Using a Stampin up stamp, I added the "Thanks".  Other supplies used, zig pen, atg gun and pop dots and black micro pen.
 
 

                    The patterned card stock was from the Echo Park Hello Summer card pack.
Well, I hope you liked todays project, to see more fun projects and amazing talent head over to Ericas' at  http://mycricutcraftroom.blogspot.com

                                               thanks for stopping in, Cathy

8 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute! I love the papers and the idea is adorable

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you created your orange! Great idea! It is a very cute card!
    Teresa
    MCCR dt sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! It is so cute the way you used that orange!!!
    MCCR DT Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute card, love it.
    Robin L.
    MCCR DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card! Love the die cuts and the title! The colors and papers are pretty, fun, and cheery too! Great job, Cathy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super duper cute!
    Miranda :)
    MCCR DT Sister
    www.nanasscrapspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. so stinkin cute, cathy! love citrus themed cards!

    ReplyDelete