Cathy's Crafting Journey

Welcome to my blog, where I hope you will be inspired and want to share comments and your inspirations and tips too!! I love to create cards, mini albums, gift bags,tags, and boxes and I hope to take you on the papercrafting Journey with me!! Follow along!!

Followers

Friday, April 24, 2015

New Cutie KaToodles


Happy friday everyone..today on facebook I saw someone post an adorable SVG file that makes a Bed box card, that you could buy on Etsy..well I decided that between a little creativity and Cricut Design space I could make one myself.   I also used the new KaDoodle Bug Designs  files..Cutie KaToodles Teacup Panda
 I took the littel cutie out of the teacup and put her in a bed as you will see below..





Instructions for box card....
card base>  2 and 3/4 by 12 inches scored at 3 3/4 and 5 and 3/4 and 9 and 1/2 and 11 and 1/2.    Fold on score lines and use scor tape to hold together by placing it at the end of the lond card strip between 11 and 1/2 inch es and the end of the card.

for inside of box card where the  "Blankets" are attached to.. cut 2 strips that are one inch by 5 and 1/4 inches and score on both ends at 3/4 inches. use adhesive to attach to the inside of the card, one near fron and second near the back.

for the "Blankets"  cut 3 pieces of pattern paper at 2 and 1/4 by 3 and 3/4 and use a scallop border punch across the top to give quilted look. then glue to the strips on the inside of the box.

Then in cricut design Space I searched Beds and found the frame you see above only it had another layer that I got rid of one of the layers and cut two out for the bed.  Gkued one piece to the from and the other I glued a little higher in the back, and then searched for a pillow in CDS, cut it out at 3 and 1/4 inches tall and 4 inches wide and glued on, the get well sign I laso got in CDS.  that about covers it.. If this does not make sense, message me and I can take more pics and share..till then, have a gfreat day and thanks for stopping in. leave a comment. I love them :)
Cathy


3 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable!! I love this KBD file!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Millie
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable and so clever Cathy. I have not tried to create anything this difficult. I am very impressed with your creativity! Thanks for the tutorial. Love it! I will have to try it for my mother; who still isn't feeling well yet. Hugs, Gloria

    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, this is the most clever, adorable card, Cathy!! I love how you designed it!! This would cheer anyone up!! It's amazing!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete