Cathy's Crafting Journey

Welcome to my blog, where I hope you will be inspired and want to share comments and your inspirations and tips too!! I love to create cards, mini albums, gift bags,tags, and boxes and I hope to take you on the papercrafting Journey with me!! Follow along!!

Followers

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

sweet treat cup slider cards

Good evening friends and crafters.  Tonight I am doing a tutorial o the treat cup slider cards.  I had told a few Facebook friends I would do one, and then when I sat down to do it...I remembered I do not hav a 1 3/4 inch punch..I had borrowed one from a friend while she taught me..Oh well.  We will manage.  
First off, you will need a 11 by 4 and 1/4 inch cardstock scored in half...A2 size card.
then some where on the front of your card..atleast 1/2 inches away from all sides (need to save room for the treat cup) you punch a 1 and 3/4 inch hole, if you do not have the punch, you can cut the hole with a die cutting machine or a die.

then you will need a 4 by 5 and 1/4 inch mat for the front of the card.  Hold it to the front of the card and turn it over and with a pen or pencil, trace the circle onto you mat so you will punch it out in the exact spot and then do the same to your next layer.

Once that is done, you can adhere them together (the 2 mats.)  You will then take the treat cup, leave the adhesive strip on that comes with it and on the top side of the rim, ad some pieces of score tape because then you will peel them and put them through the back side of the 2 matted pieces of paper..



Next take score tape, and on the back of these papers, put a strip down both edges, across the bottom and one on the side of the treat cup to help hold in place make sure to leave a space approximately 2 and 1/2 inches  so the slider can go down over the hole.  DO NOT go across the top.  Because now you will need another strip of coordinating card stock 2 1/4 inches wide by approximately 4 inches tall.  

At the top of the strip/slider, use a corner rounder and if you have a tab punch..cut a tab,if not any shape..scallop circle or circle., fold in 1/2 and near the top punch a small hole to put a brad in so the slider does not disappear into the card and then glue it at the top.   All that is left to do now is embellish your card!!  here are a couple I did...




Hope this tutorial helped and did not confuse you :)
Happy Crafting
Cathy










1 comment:

  1. Wow, these are so fabulous, Cathy!! I love the designs of each one!! Your tutorial is awesome, too - thanks so much for sharing it!! Now I need to get some of those treat cups!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete