Cathy's Crafting Journey

Welcome to my blog, where I hope you will be inspired and want to share comments and your inspirations and tips too!! I love to create cards, mini albums, gift bags,tags, and boxes and I hope to take you on the papercrafting Journey with me!! Follow along!!

Followers

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Thomas the train




Good evening crafters.  Tonight I saw an image cut on the Art Philosophy cartridge that made me think of the front of a train, and while I am in the mode of making Hershey bar covers for halloween, I thought I would give Thomas the train a shot. 
I used the Colorbok paper frome walmart for these. I used the image on page 48 and cut it at 3 inches
in black.  Then I cut a strip of red paper and cut it at 4 and 1/2 by one inch and rounded the top 2 corners, then I cut a strip of bloack at 4 and 1/4 by 3/4 inches and rounded the corners too.


In Gray cardstock I cut the circle face at 2 inches and used a punch that was a small oval for the nose.   for the lights above I cut out 2 yellow circles at 1 inch and 2 black ones at 3/4 inch. the smaoke stack is 2 inches by 3/4 inches.  I used googles eyes for the eyes and black micron pen for the eyebrows and mouth.  Tim Holtz Barn Red was used for the cheeks and nose and white gel pen for the dots on the cheeks.  I used a i and 1/2 inc circle punch for a pumpkin and made a stem. Here and there I made hilight lines and Voila!! Thomas the Train Halloween goodie.  I use the Art Philosophy Cartridge Soooo much. If you do not have it..get it here..you will be GLAD you did!!
thanks for stopping by
Cathy

1 comment:

  1. Oh how cute!! Your Thomas the Train images are absolutely adorable!! What a fun project!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete