Cathy's Crafting Journey

Welcome to my blog, where I hope you will be inspired and want to share comments and your inspirations and tips too!! I love to create cards, mini albums, gift bags,tags, and boxes and I hope to take you on the papercrafting Journey with me!! Follow along!!

Followers

Monday, May 16, 2016

Helmar Product Spotlight~Craft Glue

Helmar Product Spotlight~Craft Glue

Hello crafty friends, hope you all had a great weekend.  I am excited to be here today doing my first post as a Helmar Design Team member!!  I will be featuring the color purple and using Helmar Craft Glue to make a "Book of Love" card.  This is a project I had made some time ago, and after making so many Mothers Day cards and several other typical square and A2 size cards I was ready for something different. 
 I started with Helmar Craft Glue and 2 pieces of colonial white cardstock.  Cut 2 pieces at 6 and 3/4 by 9 and 2 pieces cut 5 and 1/4 by 9.  Score them all every 3/4 inches on the 9 inch side and then mountain valley fold.


then I inked all the edges with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo ink.

After they are inked you take the longer folded ends and meld them together and only glue the outer strips (like what I have my finger on.

when all four pieces are glued together, it should look like this.  In the next step, I took a colored piece of cardstock, purple in this case,( 7 and 1/4 by 12 inches scored at 5 and 1/2 and 6 and 1/2) which will be your book cover and line up and glue the frame to the edge of the 6 and 1/2 inch score line.


I glued it down with the Helmar craft glue ( which I love by the way!!)  It is clear, cleans up easy and holds awesome!
I then started on inside tags.  I inked, punched corners and added ribbon and a sentiment and a couple butterfly paperclips I had in my stash.

.
I decided to use some older papers from Graphic 45 that I had for quite some time and was waiting for a project like this one to use them on.
 Next to decorate the front, the fun part...  I used some Prima flowers, Really Reasonable Ribbon and lace from my stash.  A Stampin up punch and some stamens.

Here is what the end looks like...like a "Book".
and here is the finished Project!!


Thanks for stopping by.
Cathy










2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning, Cathy!! What a gorgeous project!! I love the design and the papers you used!! Congratulations on your spot on the Helmar DT!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete