Cathy's Crafting Journey

Welcome to my blog, where I hope you will be inspired and want to share comments and your inspirations and tips too!! I love to create cards, mini albums, gift bags,tags, and boxes and I hope to take you on the papercrafting Journey with me!! Follow along!!

Followers

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Double Dutch fold

Double Dutch Fold

Good evening everyone, how was your day?  Mine was a busy one on the road.  Third day on a row.  My husband has been having testing for his heart.. stress tests, that they do when you are in a wheelchair and can not walk on a treadmill.  Come to find out he may have a blockage, which they are going to try to treat with meds for now.

Anyways, after supper tonigh, I wanted to try a card I saw this morning on Splitcoast stampers.  It is a double dutch fold card.  It was real easy and fun.


you start with 2 pieces of card stock..one at 9x 4 3/16 and the other is 2 by 8 1/2



Score the 4 3/16 by 9 paper at 5 1/2.
Score the 2 by8 1/2 at 2 1/8 and 6 3/8.
then with your adhesive, ( I used liquid so it would give me a little playroom to make sure it lined up good) you adhere the center section of the 2 by 8 1/2 behind the lower part of the 4 3/16 by 9, so that when the top folds down, it meets the top of the side flaps.
  I then cut out a border with a punch and glued it behind the fop flpa and decorated with Graphic 45 French Country and scraps of cardstock, I made a daisey with the art Philosophy cartridge and put a pearl brad through it and punched out leaves with a Martha Stewart punch.  Used Close to My Heart Lagoon Ink pad and a close to my heart stamp and one I got from a yard sale.  Also some ribbon was used I got at Joanns and the ribbon embellishment buckle I got from a RAK

Well I hope you like my card and my instructions were understandable.  If not here is the tutorial

Thanks for stopping in to see my card today!

Just want to mention, I am a little short on my goal this month for Close To My Heart, if there is anything at all you need, would appreciate if you could take a minute and head to my website, and click Join Cathy's Christmas in July gathering:)
Thanks in advance!!

Have a great night
Cathy

1 comment:

  1. This is so beautiful, Cathy!! The fold is fabulous and I love how you decorated it!! It's gorgeous!! Happy Monday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete