Cathy's Crafting Journey

Welcome to my blog, where I hope you will be inspired and want to share comments and your inspirations and tips too!! I love to create cards, mini albums, gift bags,tags, and boxes and I hope to take you on the papercrafting Journey with me!! Follow along!!

Followers

Sunday, July 21, 2013

got my craft on


Unknown name?? 
Good evening friends.  This weekend I was able to steal a little time to make a few cards.  While I was hopping around Pinterest I saw a card shape I liked,  the creator called it a "Layered window Frame",but I did not have the die to cut the shape of the card that the young lady had posted, so I tried going at it a little differently.  I really liked the way her's turned out., but I am happy with this though.  Not sure if there is a name for it, if it has been done, but here are the cards I did and what I did to achieve it.



First of all you will need a piece of card stock cut at 4 1/4 by 11 inches....


Then you score the cardstock at ..3 1/2, 4 1/2, 6 1/2 and 7 1/2

Mountain/valley fold it... then on the 2 inch piece in the center you will cut out any shape that you want as the mate and layer it with as many mats as you want, changing each layer by 1/4 inch increments.
On each side you will have to mat the cardstock with coordinating cardstock, starting at 3 1/4 by 4, as well as patterend paper and of course embellish them.

I found them easy, fun and addicting.lol now for the suppies used list:
Close to my Heart..Stamps
   Flowering Bunch
   My Friend
CTMH inks:
\   Sunset
    Cranberry
    Black
    Holiday Red
CTMH twine// chipboard pieces//buttons//brads
CTMH papers..For Always
                       Chantilly
CTMH ..Art Philosophy cartridge
Stampin up- sentiment stamps from a yard sale. do not know name
Atg
Xyron create a sticker
Ribbon from stash
paper trimmer
Cricut campin Critters cartridge
Assortrd papers from my scraps
 Hope you liked it!!

Reminder~~~~~~~ I haver a party going on my website and would love it if you could stop in and take a look around. place an order on my website and I will send you a little Christmas in July thank you with a petite perk stamp set, as a thank you. http://cathyplus5.ctmh.com

July stamp of the month..just $5.00 with a $50.00 purchase, save $12.95
Join my team.. Only..$49.00!! A total of $155.00 worth of merchandise for only $49.00!!  No commitment if it is not for you, how about that, keep the kit for a great savings.  If I could i would purchase the new kit now.lol.  All you have to do is go to my website and click on the opportunities tab to get started :)  Below is what you get;
 Annnnnd Do not forget the release of the new and much talked about Artbooking cartridge!!! If you are a scrap booker, this cartridge is for you. If you make cards..this is also for you. It has 700 images and layouts you can put together quickly with the click of a button.  Want to pre order yours not to be placed when the 1st of August comes around?? message me, I can set you up with FREE Shipping!!!!! http://cathyplus5.ctmh.com

Thanks for stopping by..Happy carfting!! Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment