Cathy's Crafting Journey

Welcome to my blog, where I hope you will be inspired and want to share comments and your inspirations and tips too!! I love to create cards, mini albums, gift bags,tags, and boxes and I hope to take you on the papercrafting Journey with me!! Follow along!!

Followers

Sunday, October 21, 2018

Bokeh technique

Happy Sunday folks, hope this morning you are all doing fine.  I woke up this morning with a sinus headache, not feelng real ambitious at first, but guess what?  I cleaned my craft table and glad I did, found some goodies I forgot I had.  Don't you just love when that happens?

Well, todays post I want to share a couple cards I created this week during a card class I hosted.  I shared the Bokeh technique with the girls and they loved it!!

T create this fun design...you start of with regular white cardstock and stamp the base with your stamp of choise, depending on the theme you are going for.  Here you see I did a holiday card and a floral card.

For the holiday card I used Lemongrass FSJ hybrid ink (combo of dye and pigment ink) to stamp a pine needle stamp image, after which I used daubers to ink over the stamped image with 3 other color inks..Watermelon, Haystack and lemongrass.  I randomly added the ink colors and merged them to create other colors. I love how it came out.

Next, I took a piece of cardstock and 3 different sized circle punches, 1/2 imch. 1 inch and 1 and 1/2 inches and punched the 3 different sized holes in the cardstock as a template for inking.  For the next part, I took white pigment ink and placed the circle holes over my stamped image and inked in the holes with the pigment ink.  I went over each image more than one time, cause as they dry, they lighten up.  Some of the circles I intersected and did one whiter than the other to give the impression of depth .  When I was done. it kind of gives the effect of blurred twnkling lights.. I loved it.

The second card was done the exact same way with the exception of using a flower stamp.. I love it.. going to do more of these cards..

I hope you like and will give this technique a try.
Have a great day, leave some bloggy love before you leave, bloggers love comments <3
Happy crafting..Cathy

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, how lovely! I got a Bokeh stamp from Stampin' Up... I haven't tried it out yet but I do like the look of the Bokeh designs...

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete